Flow was responsible for leading the transport assessment of the Wynyard Quarter, adjacent to the Auckland CBD, on behalf of Auckland City Council.
This site is unique in Auckland, in terms of its size, its proximity to the CBD and its prime waterfront location. It is surrounded by water on three sides, with Fanshawe Street, a major arterial route and the final leg of the Northern Busway, on the fourth side. These locational advantages enjoyed by Wynyard Quarter, which make the area attractive for intensive use, offer very significant challenges in terms of accessibility.
As part of the integrated team responsible for undertaking the transport assessment to support a Plan Change process, we were responsible for:
- Leading the assessment - developing the “philosophy” behind the transport response to the Plan Change and bringing together a substantial Integrated Transport Assessment report
- Undertaking a passenger transport assessment
- Developing a suite of travel demand management measures
- Developing an area-wide traffic model and undertaking a range of modelling tasks
- Fronting liaison meetings with all transport authorities and other key stakeholders
- Undertaking detailed assessments relating to the proposed Wynyard Crossing and Marine Events Precinct
- Presenting evidence at the city council and regional council plan change hearings.
This project was one of the first to follow the emerging Auckland Regional Transport Authority (ARTA) Guidelines for undertaking Integrated Transport Assessments.
Back to Projects